Over 550 investors, owners, developers, financiers and other industry principals participated on February 27th for The 3rd Annual Real Estate Weekly Women’s Forum! Each year Real Estate Weekly turns the spotlight on female industry leaders for a day of discussion and networking.
This year focused on the theme of “Women Who…” providing insight and access to industry leaders in a wide range of areas from deal making and development to marketing and everything in between.
Check out the recap from the event and see more pictures here.
2014 Event Overview:
Pearls of Wisdom:
Learn about the latest trends, challenges and predictions for the New York market from the leading women of the industry including Jodi Pulice, Gail Ayers, Laurie Golub, Melissa Román Burch and Melissa DiBella.
View the Pearls of Wisdom here!
Morning Keynote Speaker:
Jodi Pulice, Founder & President, JRT Realty Group
Jodi Pulice has served as Founder and President since 1996, when she established JRT Realty Group, Inc. as a woman-owned, full-service commercial real estate services firm to address industry-wide supplier diversity initiatives. The firm is certified as a Minority- and Woman-Owned Business Enterprise by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council and National Minority Business Council. Today, JRT Realty is recognized as the nation’s largest certified woman-owned commercial real estate services firm. As President, Ms. Pulice is responsible for directing and overseeing all organizational activities, including transaction management and implementation; strategic consulting and project planning; property management; and leasing.
Afternoon Keynote Speaker:
Darcy Stacom, Vice Chairman, CBRE New York
Crowned the “Queen of the Skyscrapers” by the Wall Street Journal in 1997, Darcy Stacom has sold both the largest residential and office transaction in history. Ms. Stacom’s prolific résumé is diverse, ranging from $2 million trust and estates dispositions to the $5.4 billion sale of Peter Cooper Stuyvesant Town for Metropolitan Life. In her career, she has completed over $60 billion in sales, financing, joint venture, leasehold and development transactions.
Ms. Stacom is a Vice Chairman and head of the Investment Properties group for CBRE’s New York Office. In the last four years, Ms. Stacom has twice been the #1 Professional at CBRE and the #1 Investment Professional globally. Last year, she won the Robert T. Lawrence Memorial Award from REBNY. With over 29 years of real estate experience, Ms. Stacom’s expertise is often sought as evidenced by her speaking engagements for numerous industry and educational organizations including Urban Land Institute, Harvard, New York University, Columbia, Wharton, AFIRE, Practising Law Institute and many others.
- Sarah Berman, President, The Berman Group, Inc.
- Lisa Brill, Partner, Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Jennifer Carey, President, JLC Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Annemarie DiCola, Chief Executive Officer, Trepp
- Roxanne Donovan, President, Great Ink
- Miriam Harris, Executive Vice President, New York City Economic Development Corporation
- Shari Linnick, Vice President, Trepp
- Adelaide Polsinelli, Senior Director, Eastern Consolidated
- Florence Quinn, Founder & President, Quinn & Co.
- Suzanne Rosnowski, Founder & CEO, Relevance New York
- Samantha Rudin Earls, Vice President, Rudin Management
- Gail Ayers, PhD., President & CEO, CREW Network
- Ellen Baer, President & CEO, Hudson Square Connection Business Improvement District
- Deena Baikowitz, Chief Networking Officer, Fireball Network
- Katie Barthmaier, Executive Director, WP Carey
- Melissa Román Burch, EVP – Commercial & Residential Development, Forest City Ratner
- Melissa DiBella, Partner, TerraCRG
- Collete English Dixon, Principal, Prudential Real Estate Investors
- Eva Durst, Senior Project Manager, Durst Organization
- Helena Durst, Vice President, Durst Organization
- Marci Fagan, President, Paradigm Realty
- Karen Gastiaburo, Sales Director – Tribeca Office, Warburg Realty
- Laurie Golub, General Counsel & COO, HFZ Capital Group
- Raizy Haas, Senior Vice President, Extell Development
- Dorothy Herman, Chief Executive Officer, Douglas Elliman
- Susan Hewitt, Partner, The Cheshire Group
- Leslie Himmel, Co-Managing Partner, Himmel + Meringoff Properties
- Nicola Heryet, Senior Managing Director/Principal, Cassidy Turley
- Deborah Jenkins, SVP – Underwriting & Credit, Freddie Mac Multifamily
- Olivia John, Principal, The Blackstone Group
- Marilyn Kane, President & Founding Partner, Iridium Capital
- Highlyann Krasnow, Partner, MNS
- Kristen Lonergan, Partner, Greenberg Traurig
- Jill Lovatt, First Vice President – Retail Leasing, Massey Knakal
- Deborah Marton, Executive Director, The New York Restoration Project
- Jennifer McCool, Senior Vice President, Related Companies
- Melanie Meyers, Partner, Fried Frank
- Toby Moskovits, Founder & CEO, Heritage Equity Partners
- Jeanne Myerson, CEO & President, The Swig Company
- Susan Nadler, Partner, Marks Paneth LLP
- Pamela Oshokenoya Abalu-Broadwater, Head of Global Design & Construction, MetLife
- Joanne Podell, Vice Chairman – Retail Services, Cushman & Wakefield
- Margaret Streicker Porres, President, Newcastle Realty Services
- Jodi Pulice, Founder & President, JRT Realty Group
- Sara Queen, SVP – Asset Management, Brookfield Office Properties
- Nina Roket, Partner, Olshan Frome Wolosky LLP
- Carol Rosenthal, Partner, Fried Frank
- Suzanne Rosnowski, Founder & CEO, Relevance New York
- Sara Rubenstein, Associate Counsel, Lend Lease
- Kirby Sack, President & CEO, Sack Properties
- Ilana Schwartz, Chief Operating Officer, Online Marketing Group
- Darcy Stacom, Vice Chairman, CBRE New York
- Barbara van Beuren, Founding Partner, Anbau Enterprises
- Elise Wagner, Partner, Kramer Levin
New York Restoration Project:
REW Women’s Forum donates a portion of each registration to The New York Restoration Project. NYRP is a non-profit organization dedicated to restoring and revitalizing open space in underserved communities to create a greener, more sustainable New York City. In partnership with the City of New York, NYRP is also leading MillionTreesNYC – an initiative to plant and care for one million new trees throughout New York City’s five boroughs by 2015. Visit www.nyrp.org to learn more.
Get Involved for 2015!
Contact us for details on speaking and sponsorship/exhibiting opportunities:
Sponsorship & Exhibiting: