Where Concrete Meets Marble: A Look at Florida’s Development
Despite the increase in construction and material prices, Miami and other key Florida markets still seem to have a “crane on every corner”. The shortage of labor that has resulted from this boom in construction makes it continually harder to get new projects off the ground. As it becomes more difficult to get the numbers to pencil out, how can developers continue to meet the expectations of the end user?
- Transportation Woes: What transit-oriented strategies are developers pursuing to solve transportation issues? How can Florida adopt some of the development methods that are used by walkable cities like New York and San Francisco?
- Build It and They Will Come: How does affordability play a role in the market? What happens if there are not enough tenants willing and able to pay the high cost of luxury living?
- Shadow Supply: What happens when there is an influx of condos on the rental market? How will today’s buyers affect tomorrow’s sellers?
General Counsel & VP
Development Director – South Florida
VP – Development
Equinox Development Properties
VP – Development
Mill Creek Residential Trust
Raising the Bar: Design and Innovation in Florida Real Estate
In order to stay ahead of competitors, real estate leaders often need to go above and beyond, pushing the envelope beyond what was done in the past. Forging ahead into new ground can be risky, and savvy leaders strive to find ways to experiment without betting everything. Which recent design and technology innovations generate a positive, significant and measurable ROI for real estate developers and operators?
- New materials and construction techniques
- Smart buildings and even smarter spaces
- Lifestyle changes and innovative amenities
- Recent wellness and sustainability initiatives
- Creative design solutions
Marketing & Business Development
Senior Associate & Director of Interiors
Director – Asset Management
The Estate Companies
President & COO
VP – Investments
Exhibit Hall & Dining Area
Writing the Checks: Financing and Investment
Foreign investors have played an important role in the growth of the Florida real estate market, but the economic uncertainty in many Latin American countries has impacted the flow of cash. Lenders have now grown increasingly cautious and have created a competitive landscape not ideal for the unseasoned developer. How can the market change so lenders do not feel that foreign money is the only way to keep the Florida market afloat?
- Getting Off the Ground: How are lenders handling new construction? What do they need to see from developers?
- Cross Every T and Dot Every I: What is the best approach towards the regulations that are enforced by lenders?
- From Bank to Bank: When will loan requirements become less stringent? Will not having an established relationship with a lender get in the way of a good deal?
Engineered Tax Services
Florida Market President
Gorman & Company
VP – Acquisitions & Asset Management
Chief Executive Officer
Groundbreakers: Leading Women Shaking Up the Real Estate Industry
Although women have become a greater presence in the workforce, it is quite often the norm in this business for the woman in the room to be the only woman in the room. Real estate is a flexible industry when it comes to career fluidity, but how can it better recognize the valuable contributions that women have to offer?
- Being a Player in Development: Where are the opportunities for women?
- Deal-making: Why aren’t there more women in the conference room?
- The Boys’ Club: How can real estate be more inclusive to women?
- Real Estate Olympics: What are the hurdles women have to overcome in this business? How can they be pushed away?
Vivian de las Cuevas-Diaz
Holland & Knight
SVP & Director – Sales
International Sales Manager – Southeast Division
EVP & COO
Senior Managing Director
President & CEO
The Corcoran Group