The Real Estate Women’s Forum Florida brings together leading industry players to share their expertise on the state of commercial and investment real estate across the Sunshine State. The speaker faculty is exclusively comprised of women, and attendance is open to real estate industry executives of all genders.
On October 16th, attendees had the opportunity to connect in person with leading women in the industry, including Corcoran CEO Pamela Liebman, as well as Cindy Clare, Avra Jain, Ramola Motwani, Chris Rotolo and more. This intimate networking and thought leadership event was limited to a maximum of 150 participants.
Check out the recap from this event and see more pictures here.
Real Estate Women’s Forum Florida
The first Real Estate Women’s Forum Florida took place on Thursday, January 19, 2017 at the Biscayne Bay waterfront Kovens Conference Center. Real estate owners, developers and investors throughout the Sunshine State attended this one-of-a-kind forum, which celebrates the leading women of real estate and offers networking, idea sharing and insightful discussions about leadership, management, mentorship and deal making.
The second REWF Florida forum featured a must-attend keynote from Avra Jain, Founder of Vagabond Group, in conversation with Pam Liebman, President of Corcoran Group, and 30 other leading women from north and south Florida who shared their expertise on the state of commercial and investment real estate across the Sunshine State.
Takeaways From This Year’s Forum
Met and networked with some of the most prominent women in real estate.
Learned from women who are changing the literal and metaphorical landscape of the real estate industry.
Heard from leading women as they discuss challenges they have faced and overcome.
Built key career and business development strategies specific to real estate.
2019 Keynote Speaker
President & CEO
VP – Development & Capital Planning
Hersha Hospitality Trust
Chief Operating Officer
SVP – Capital Markets & Investor Relations
CGI Merchant Group
President – Property Management
VP – Investments
Director – Business Development
Engineered Tax Services
Shutts & Bowen
American Landmark Apartments
Bridge Investment Group
Mitchell Property Realty
Almanac Realty Investors
- Allen Morris Company
- Alliance Residential
- Asset Preservation
- Baker Donelson
- BC Architects AIA
- Bozzuto Management Company
- Broad & Cassel
- Bureau Veritas
- Carlton Fields Jorden Burt
- Centennial Bank
- CGI Merchant Group
- Coastal Construction
- Corcoran Group
- D Group Management NA
- DPZ Partners
- Equinox Development Properties
- First American Title Insurance Company
- Flagler Global Logistics
- Florida East Coast Industries
- Forum Architecture & Interior Design
- Gorman & Company
- Greenberg Traurig
- HTG Management
- ID&Design International
- Kastle Systems
- Kimco Realty
- KW Property Management & Consulting
- L & H Land
- Lam Properties
- Lionheart Capital
- LMS Consulting
- Marcus & Millichap
- Martin Architectural Group
- Mast Capital
- Mercantil Commercebank NA
- Merritt Engineering Consulting
- Mill Creek Residential Trust
- Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra
- Moss & Associates
- Newgard Group
- Oakland Park
- PAJ Investment Group
- Principal Real Estate Investors
- RedSteel Properties
- RKW Residential
- Rose Relations
- Stiles Corporation
- SunTrust Bank
- Swire Properties
- The Estate Companies
- Vagabond Group
- Valet Waste
- Verdex Construction
- Walker & Dunlop
The core DNA of REWF is a commercial real estate conference focused on trending and emerging real estate market issues where the entire speaker faculty is comprised solely of women. Speakers at the Real Estate Women’s Forums are industry leading women as well as up-and-coming female executives. Send speaker suggestions to Rachel Golden (firstname.lastname@example.org). Past speakers of the Florida conference include:
Director – Asset Management
The Estate Companies
Senior Managing Director
President & CEO
The Corcoran Group
General Counsel & VP
Mill Creek Residential Trust
- Maile Aguila, SVP & Director – Sales, Swire Properties
- Carla Corbo, International Sales Manager, Lennar
- Hana Eskra, Florida Market President, Marais Development Partners
- Gilda Fernandez, EVP & COO, HTG Management
- Allison Greenfield, Partner, Lionheart Capital
- Amy McCook, VP – Development, Equinox Development Properties
- Cassie Resnick, VP – Acquisitions, Mast Capital
- Barbara Salk, President & COO, Lynd Company
- Nicole Shiman, VP – Investments, EDENS
- Patricia Werhahn, CEO, RedSteel Properties
Companies Attending (partial list)
- Akerman LLP
- American Landmark Apartments
- Bozzuto Construction Company
- Bridge Investment Group
- broadway stages
- CSSI – Cost Segregation Services, Inc
- DPZ CoDesign
- Duke Realty
- First Florida Constructors, LLC
- Florida Capital Real Estate Group
- Katerra Renovations
- Landmark Companies
- One Sotheby’s International Realty
- Related Group
- Strategic Property Partners
- Wells Fargo
Keynote: Corcoran CEO Pamela Liebman
Hear from Corcoran CEO Pamela Liebman, one of the most prominent women in the country, as she discusses the challenges and breakthroughs on the road to the top. Who was her mentor? What risks did she take? How did she overcome hardship and resistance? And how is she facilitating the success of other women looking to emulate her success? Join us as we hear her stories of hard-won lessons.
- Avra Jain, Founder, The Vagabond Group
Paving the Way: Leadership Strategies for Women in CRE
While the number of women taking leadership positions in real estate has been increasing, there is still much room for improvement, with only about 10% of C-Suite roles held by women and a persistent pay gap for those who do occupy such roles. Outside the C-Suite, leadership takes many forms, from civic leadership to mentoring others, as well as thought leadership to guide the industry as it transforms and addresses key challenges. Join us to hear from top women as they discuss leadership in all its forms as well as paying it forward through mentorship.
Questions to be addressed include:
- How do you define leadership, and how do set your leadership goals?
- What do you see as the key success factors to become a master at organizational leadership?
- How important is social / civic leadership to you? What areas do you focus on, and where is more leadership needed?
- Given today’s state of the market, what are you doing to help transform your area of the industry? What industry-wide challenges are you trying to solve?
- In what ways were you mentored, and how do you mentor today? What tips would you offer up-and-coming professionals and executives?
- Keren Marti, President, CREW Miami
- Cindy Clare, COO, Bell Partners
- Adriana Jaegerman, Senior Principal, Stantec
- Danielle Milota, Head of Capital Markets, CGI Merchant Group
- Ramola Motwani, Chairwoman, Merrimac Ventures
- Chris Rotolo, President, Hunt Real Estate Capital
- Jennifer Slone Tobin, Partner, Shutts & Bowen
Pushing Boundaries: The Art of Innovation in Commercial Real Estate
Innovation in commercial real estate is accelerating. A once sleepy industry averse to change is rapidly embracing technology as never seen before. At the same time, external events and trends are forcing change, creating unprecedented challenges and opening the door to new opportunities. In all areas of finance, operations, investment and development, new trends are surfacing that are poised to disrupt and create a new cohort of successful entrepreneurs and real estate players. Join us to hear from top women at the forefront of innovation in their organizations and the industry with a special focus on innovation in the areas of commercial and multifamily real estate development, technology and design.
Questions to be addressed include:
- What are the key emerging trends that you see having the greatest impact upon your work and the industry?
- How is technology being embraced in your business? Where are you investing in new technology initiatives, and what outcomes do you expect?
- How do you see development and operations of properties changing due to recent and emerging technology and demographic changes?
- In what ways are you leading change in the transformation of cities and neighborhoods into more efficient, affordable and livable communities?
- How are you taking advantage of Opportunity Zones? How do they work and what is needed to make use of them?
- Cindy Blumenfeld, Director – Business Development, Engineered Tax Services
- Avra Jain, Founder, The Vagabond Group
- Danielle Vennett, Vice President, Crocker Partners
- Sandra Cardona, VP – Development, Hersha Hospitality Trust
- Nicole Shiman, VP – Investments, Edens
Roundtables are restricted access events-within-the-event. Each is comprised of a curated group of industry peers who share similar challenges, with the goal of generating candid conversations that lead to real information sharing and solution ideation.
Conference registration does not automatically qualify you to participate in a roundtable. The invite list is determined in advance of the conference. The roundtables run from 2:10 pm to 3:35 pm.
If you are interested in joining a closed-door roundtable, contact Claudia Gutwirth at email@example.com , to inquire. See below for a list of roundtables and participants.
Peer-to-Peer Roundtable: Multifamily, Hotel & Residential Condo
This by-invitation-only roundtable brings together leading women in multifamily, hotel and residential condo development, investment & management, with their peers for candid discussions around shared pain points and solutions.
Peer-to-Peer Roundtable: Commercial Real Estate
This by-invitation-only roundtable brings together leading women in office, retail and industrial development, investment & management, with their peers for candid discussions around shared pain points and solutions.
but they are among the most forward thinking organizations in the industry.
About the Real Estate Women’s Forum (REWF)
First launched in New York in 2011, REWF has become a reliable annual gathering that spotlights industry leading women as well as up-and-coming female executives in commercial real estate, specifically emphasizing the achievements of women who are active developers, investors, owners and operators of multifamily and commercial real estate.
This one-of-a-kind event functions as a commercial real estate conference focused on trending and emerging real estate market issues where the entire speaker faculty is comprised solely of women. Attendance is open to real estate industry executives of all genders.
The Real Estate Women’s Forum currently hosts conferences in New York, Miami and Los Angeles with more cities coming soon.
but they are among the most forward thinking organizations in the industry. Past sponsors include:
Map & Directions
Also taking place at the Hyatt Regency on October 16 are these two events
Private Label Conferences
We believe in the magic that happens when the smartest, boldest minds come together resulting in business growth and industry evolution. We build high-value events that foster relationships, tap into intellectual wisdom, promote authentic interaction and create success for our clients.